Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Glass Menagerie: A Second Look

This is what I got out of The Glass Menagerie. It may be right, or it may be completely off but this is what popped into my head. When I first looked at the book I had no clue what was on the front cover. In the last scene Jim O'Connor is talking to Laura and gets to know the real her. People have probably judged her for her crippled leg her entire life and not many people got to know the real her, and what she was really like and saw her true beauty. Well like the book cover if you just glance at it you would just think its random lines. But once you open up the book and see what its really like you can tell that those lines you used to think were squiggles are something completely different. They are a giraffe, and unicorn, a duck and others. But what I translated the meaning and of the book to be was literally Don't judge a book by its Cover, and Looks can be deceiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment